As defined in US privacy law, PII is information which may be used on its own or in combination with other information to identify, locate, or contact an individual, or to identify an individual in context.
What personal information to we collect from registered users on our website?
In order to help visitors to our site locate the information they seek, we may ask you to enter your name, email address, credit card information, mailing address, or other details. These details are used to help better your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from registered site users and substribers, and/or information obtained when you complete and submit certain forms on our site.
How is this information used?
Collected information obtained by registry or other interaction with the site may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize the website experience and allow us to deliver product offers and content relevant to your search.
- To improve our website for better user experience.
- To allow us to better respond to customer service requests.
- To issue a promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- To process your transactions quickly and accurately.
- To send emails specific to your order or other products and services relavent to you.
How do we protect this information?
In order to make every visit to our website as secure as possible, our site is regularly scanned for any security threats or vulnerabilities. We use regular Malware Scanning to detect threats. We protect your information using secure networks that are only accessible by a limited number of trusted persons who have special access to these secure systems. These individuals are required to keep all information confidential and protected. Additionally, all sensitive and credit-related information you supply is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
When a user submits information, enters an order, or otherwise accesses information, we implement a number of security layers to protect that information. All transactions are processed using a secure gateway provider. This information is not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Third Party Disclosure
We do not trade, sell, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to any outside parties without your advanced notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in conducting our business, operating our website, or servicing you, provided those parties agree to keep your information confidential. We may also release your information when required and appropriate to comply with the law, protect ours and other users’ rights, enforce our site policies, protect property or safety.
Fair Information Practices
The privacy laws of the United States are centered on the Fair Information Practices Principles and the concepts they include. These principles have played an important role in the development of data protection laws in the United States and around the world. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how these principles should be implemented is critical in complying with various privacy laws that protect PII.
Should a data breach occur, we will take the following actions to comply with the Fair Information Practices:
- We will notify users via email within 7 business days
- We will notify users via in site notification within 1 business day
- We also agree to the individual redress principle, which states that individuals have the right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. The individual redress principle requires both that the individuals have enforceable rights against data users, and that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute data processors who fail to comply to these laws.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law which establishes requirements for commercial messages, sets the rules for commercial email, gives recipients the right to unsubscribe or otherwise stop receiving emails, and spells out strict penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Process orders and send information or updates pertaining to orders
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to clients after the original transaction has occurred
- We may send this additional information related to your product/service or similar services which may pertain to you
In accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- We agree to NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- We identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- We include the physical address of our site headquarters or business
- We provide and honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests within a reasonable timeframe
- We monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used
- We allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any point you wish to unsubscribe from further emails, you can email us at email@example.com